- Checking It Out
Travelogue Chicago: Days 2 and 3
A few people have asked me, “What’s there to do in Chicago?” A more appropriate query would be, “What’s not to do?” Take your pick. And since we’ll be here less than a week, we won’t even scratch the surface.
Part I: Trip to Chicago
Our 2010 trip to Chicago came with something akin to weaning oneself from alcohol or any other addictive substance.
A magical splash
Magician David Tower keeps kids entertained with his feats at the library’s summer reading program.
- Five-star dining: A once-in-a-lifetime treat How much would you be willing to pay for a six- or seven-course, out-of-this-world meal at a four- or five-star restaurant? It’s a tough question.
- Head south for Texas, west for California Looking for a few good ideas for summer vacations? A recent survey shows you might be better staying off going home than traveling elsewhere: When it comes to fun on a budget, Oklahoma takes top honors.
- Travel tips for heading east or north With gasoline prices at incomprehensibly high levels, area residents are scouring the Internet, looking for economical ways to take family trips this summer.
- Spas offer blissful retreat from reality When my husband and I go on vacation, we like to treat ourselves to a couple of hours of relaxation at a local spa.
- Disney update: More food, fun for families
- Cherokee Casino: Great fun, food, folks Just cruising into the parking lot of the Cherokee Casino in Catoosa is very much like the grand approach to one of the best venues on the Las Vegas strip. Except there’s more parking at Cherokee Casino, the rooms and food are less expensive, and if you live in the 14-county tribal jurisdiction, it’s less than two hours away.
- Travelogue Chicago: Days 2 and 3