Northeastern State University’s Green and White Weekend is scheduled for Thursday-Sunday, April 3-6. This weekend is an opportunity for students, faculty, staff, alumni, parents and community members to come together to recognize academic excellence, spotlight athletics, make memories and have fun.
Thursday, April 3
• The Run for Your Color 5K at 5:30 p.m. jump-starts the weekend festivities. This event supports the NSU Women’s Soccer team. For more information on this event, contact Coach Chase Wooten at (918) 822-4859.
• National Geographic TV host, Casey Anderson will provide a presentation, along with a Q&A, in the Webb Auditorium at 7 p.m. Anderson’s presentation will be followed by a book-signing at 8:30 p.m.
Friday, April 4
• NSU baseball has a game against Nebraska Kearney at Rousey Field at 2 p.m.
• Senior FANFair will be at the Second Century Square from 4 to 6 p.m.
• The 45th Annual Honors Assembly begins at 7:30 p.m., where current NSU students are recognized for academic achievement, student activity, along with honor society and Who’s Who recipients. This assembly will take place in the University Center, Sen. Herb Rozell Ballroom. Doors will open at 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, April 5
• The Ovation Awards begin Saturday’s events. The award ceremony will recognize Outstanding Seniors, Outstanding Freshmen and NSU Hall of Fame recipients at 10 a.m. in the University Center, Sen. Herb Rozell Ballroom.
• The Fifth annual President’s Circle Reception will be from noon to 2 p.m. in the NSU Event Center. This reception will honor all of the outstanding philanthropic support for Northeastern State University and induct new members into the society.
• NSU Baseball and Softball teams will both play at 1 p.m. NSU Baseball will play against Nebraska Kearney at Rousey Field and NSU Softball will play against the University of Central Oklahoma at RiverHawks Park.
• The traditional Green and White game will take place; NSU’s spring football scrimmage will be played at 2 p.m. at the Doc Wadley Stadium.
• The day’s events will wrap up with friendly competition by the NSU fraternities and sororities in the annual Greek Sing contest at 6 p.m. at the NSU Center for Performing Arts. Male and female Greek members will split up into four separate teams to perform their musical selection and compete for the title of Greek Sing 2014 champions. Last year, the Greek community raised over $5,000 for Tahlequah Public Schools through this event.
Sunday, April 6
• The weekend will end with two sporting events – one for current students and one for alumni.
• NSU Baseball will play Nebraska Kearney one last time at noon at Rousey Field, and at 1 p.m. the women’s soccer alumni game will end the weekend at Dr. Dan DeLoache Field.
For more information about Green and White Weekend, call the NSU Alumni Association at (918) 458-2143 or visit the website at www.nsualum ni.com.