Editor, Daily Press:
I would very much like to let the fire departments and all the volunteers who worked so hard on the fire at Moody this past weekend, how much they are appreciated. They worked very long hours in temperatures that were intolerable and did a wonderful job.
I would also like to let the town of Tahlequah know that [the people of] the little store down the hill from all the destruction went above and beyond with their kindness.
They provided free water, sodas, popsicles for kids, foods and air-conditioned comfort for not only the people half in shock, but also for their pets. I’ll always think on these things with appreciation and a humbled, thankful heart. And thank you to all the people that donated to the family that lost everything.
Tammy Haddock and all the Haddock Hill Community