Tahlequah Daily Press

August 21, 2013

Lincoln Lee Adair Sr.


TAHLEQUAH — Services for Lincoln Lee Adair Sr. will be held at 10 a.m., Friday, Aug. 23, 2013, at the Cornerstone Fellowship Church, with Pastor Allen Nolan and Pastor Jarod Adair officiating.

Visitation will be held from 10 a.m.to 8 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 22, 2013, with a wake service from 6 to 8 p.m., at Reed-Culver Chapel, with Pastor Jarod Adair and Marvin Morgan officiating. Interment with military rites will be held at Fort Gibson National Cemetery at noon, Friday.

Condolences for the family may be left at www.reedculver.com.

Lincoln Lee Adair Sr. was born on May 10, 1938, in Claremore, the son of Lewis and Annie Adair. He attended Mulberry School. At age 16, he began his first job assembling casket handles and polishing detail work.

It was during the Korean Conflict that Lincoln enlisted in the U.S. Army and served as a munitions driver and performed maintenance on munitions vehicles, from Aug. 8, 1961, until August of 1963, and then Army reserves until 1967.

He returned to the Tahlequah area and worked as a carpenter and did construction work, was an ace mechanic, and retired from Park Hill Nursery.

Whenever he wasn’t working, Lincoln was a member of American Legion Post 135 and 5C’s Car Club. He loved to spend his off hours restoring classic cars from top to bottom.

There was no such thing as too much time spent with your family and friends. He enjoyed a cup of coffee anytime of day as long as it was accompanied by some intelligent conversation. He was talented and made purses out of car tags, and did beautiful woodworking projects to share with his family and friends. He was as charming as he was witty. He was well-equipped with a comeback at a moment’s notice, such as his favorite T-shirt which read, ”I’m Half White and Can’t Prove It.”

In September 1983, Lincoln accepted the Lord as his personal savior and made it a mission to assure that everyone he knew or met, came to know the Jesus he loved and cherished. He greeted everyone with “I love you and God loves you, too.” He was a dedicated Christian and loved his church family at Cornerstone Fellowship Church.

Nov. 9, 2000, was the day Lincoln married his best friend and the love of his life, Lydia McCully, a love that bloomed and grew the past 13 years.

In spite of all he had left to do, the Lord called this good and faithful servant home on Sunday, Aug. 18, 2013, at his home in Tahlequah, with his loved ones gathered close, and his canine, Buddy, lying quietly alongside.

Those shining eyes, that big grin, and the best hugs you ever had will be missed by so many of his family and friends alike.

Lincoln is preceded in death by his mom in 1956, his dad in 1961, two children, son Michael Adair in 2012, daughter Crystal Dallis in 2010, brothers and sisters, Lewis Adair Jr., Levi Adair, Louise Carey, Betsy Farmer, Fannie McLemore, Lucy Swimmer, and Audie Lawson, and nieces Sally Blackwood in 2013.

Those left to cherish his memory include his wife, Lydia, of the home in Tahlequah. His adored children include Lisa Adair of Hulbert, Lincoln Adair Jr. and wife Vicki of Beggs, Jeffrey Walls of Hulbert, Betsy Harrington of Tulsa, Cyndi Dunham and husband Phillip of Tulsa; and three step-children, Ashli Summer and husband Jason of Proctor, and William Dill and wife Gina of Stilwell.

His legacy lives on in his 19 grandchildren, eight great-grandchildren, two nephews, John Blackwood of Mulberry and Ted Lawson and wife Weetia of Stilwell, as well as a much beloved canine companion, Lewis or “Son” as he was known, who waited anxiously for his arrival Sunday morning. He leaves 300 nieces and nephews, a host of cousins and many friends and loved ones.

Those wishing to send their condolences are asked to consider one of Cornerstone Fellowship’s many ministries or missionary projects to keep Lincoln’s memory alive.

Reed-Culver Funeral Home, 117 W. Delaware, (918) 456-2551.