There are a dozen styles of Girl Scout cookies, but typically a council chooses a few to market during the annual cookie sale.
“We know other styles are available in different areas,” said Amber Conway, leader of Girl Scout Troop 1961. “But these are the top six sellers in the area, so these are what we offer.”
The six styles available in Tahlequah:
* Thin Mints are mint-flavored cookies covered in chocolate and immensely popular.
* Trefoils are shortbread cookies in the shape of the Girl Scouts icon.
* Tagalongs are cookies with a layer of peanut butter coated in chocolate.
* Do-Si-Dos are crunchy oatmeal cookies with a peanut butter filling.
* Samoas are cookies covered with caramel and coconut and drizzled with chocolate.
* Savannah Smiles are lemon cookies coated with powdered sugar.