Tahlequah Daily Press

December 4, 2012

Man arrested for domestic assault


TAHLEQUAH — A Tahlequah man was arrested by sheriff’s deputies on Dec. 1 for domestic assault by strangulation, interfering with a 911 call and public intoxication.

Chotkey Joe Haynes II, 22, was booked into the Cherokee County Detention Center after he attempted to flee the scene. The victim told deputies when she found Haynes fighting with his relative when she returned from a trip to the store.   The relative left the scene after the fight was broken up, at which point Haynes became angry and blamed the fight with the relative on the victim, the report states. the victim tried to approach the front porch, and Haynes grabbed the victim by the hair and threw her to the ground, then punched  the victim in the face several times and tried to choke the victim. A witness pulled Haynes off the victim and tried to calm Haynes down. The victim tried to dial 911 when Haynes knocked the phone out of her hand. The report indicated the victim had swollen, puffy cheeks, bruising on her throat and scratches on to an elbow and knee. When the witness told Haynes law officials were on their way, he ran into a wooded area behind the house, but deputies later found him on a road nearby.

Norman Cole filed a harassment report Dec. 2 to notify law officials he had been threatened several times at his Park Hill residence. Cole told deputies the individuals were staying at a nearby residence and repeated, “Come out. You’re dead,” several times during the early morning hours.

Burma Rivera spoke to deputies Dec. 1 to report misplaced medication. Rivera told deputies she was alone at the time of the incident and that her oxicodone pills were on her bed stand when she went to sleep. She discovered the pills missing when she woke up, and could not find the medication in the house, the report stated.

Russell Lee Carlile, 55, of Tahlequah was booked into the Cherokee County Detention Center Nov. 26 for endeavoring to inhale an intoxicating vapor and possession of paraphernalia. The report indicated deputies were responding to a domestic disturbance call when discovering a brown, wooden dugout box laying on a table next to a chair Carlile was sitting in. Carlile gave evasive answers when deputies questioned him about the box and its potential use with marijuana. Upon further questioning, Carlile surrendered a silver tin box that contained marijuana seeds, stems, zigzag rolling papers and a Syn package, or plastic product container for synthetic marijuana.

The Outback Co. in Pryor in filed a theft report Nov. 29 about unknown suspects removing a portable toilet estimated at $700-$800 from the Dollar General construction site in Peggs. The report indicated the portable toilet, or watershed, was taken sometime between Nov. 21 and 26.

Hunter Cunningham filed a theft report Nov. 29 after discovering several firearms missing from his Hulbert residence. Cunningham told deputies he was away from his house all day, and upon his return discovered the back door kicked in. The report indicated several items were missing, including a Ruger M77 .22 hornet with Leupold scope, registered to an elder relative; a Ruger .22 pistol with built-in laser sighting in the handle; a 20-guage shotgun; a Winchester .22 rifle; a Hoyt bow; and a 32-inch flatscreen television.

Christen Puret spoke to deputies Nov. 30 to inform them she had been receiving harassing text messages and obscene pictures from a known suspect. Puret told deputies the suspect gave her his name, age and city of residence and requested she send him a picture of herself. The report indicated Puret told the suspect she was old enough to be his mother and to stop contacting her. The suspect continued texting her and sent pornographic images of sexual acts being performed and female buttocks, according to the report.

Rebecca Robal-Gower filed a theft report Nov. 30 to notify law officials that her Sig Sauer P238  handgun had been stolen from under the driver’s seat of her vehicle sometime between 3 and 4 p.m.  Nov. 29. The report indicates the vehicle appeared to have been left unlocked, and there was no evidence of forced entry. The handgun was described as silver and black with a wooden hand grip.