Athletes to watch
• Chance Galloway (Memorial) - Something has got to give in the 400-meter race. Galloway and Broken Arrow's Cre Moore have squared off twice this season in the event, both besting one another one time. Plus, both Galloway (47.78) and Moore (48.84) hold state-best times in the 400-meter run this season at both Class 5A and 6A, respectively.
• Ara Poteete (Tahlequah) - After winning the title in the 1,600-meter race at Jenks, Poteete got the week off at Claremore last week. He'll return in the one-mile competition against Union's Mark Middleton and Jenks' Chris Staub.
• Stanvon Taylor (East Central) - The Oklahoma football signee has 5A's farthest leap in the long jump this season at 22 feet, 9 inches. Booker T. Washington's Arlando Johnson and McAlester's Caden Pratt will also be in the mix, too.
• Bo Farrow (Broken Arrow) - The senior thrower didn't take part in the discus or the shotput last season at Tahlequah. But he should throw this year, and there's likely no one that will come close to beating him in shotput or discus. The Pittsburg State signee holds both state-highs in both categories in 6A this season.
• Abby Hoover (Sapulpa) - The senior runner holds the best time in 6A in the 800-meter run this season at 2:19. Hoover will be the favorite in the half-mile race, but Tahlequah's Jessica Hembree and Gracie Medellin and Owasso's Haley Giessler should be other strong contenders.
• Imani Davis (Union): Davis' leap of 5 feet, 6 inches in the best in the high jump in 6A this year. Davis is also the Reasors Track Classic record holder in the event, recording a jump of 5 feet, 8 inches in 2012.