They said it
“That was the biggest joke I’ve seen in my life. There is no accountability for officials like that who can be as bad as that crew and still get to officiate high school football. If I coached like they officiated, I would get fired. It’s hard to explain to our players.” -- Hilldale coach Chad Kirkhart following the Hornets’ loss to Locust Grove (via the Muskogee Phoenix).
Games of the week
- Sequoyah at Jay: The Indians need a win to keep pace with Hilldale for second place in District 3A-7. A loss by the Indians could put their playoff lives in peril. Jay needs a win to keep its playoff aspirations alive.
- East Central at Collinsville: The winner of this 5A-4 game has the inside track to the No. 3 spot in the district, and with some help could possibly sneak into the second spot by season’s end.
- Guthrie at Deer Creek: The Antlers are a solid team in 5A but are in a fight for a home playoff game. With Deer Creek as the No. 4 team in 5A-2, that shows how tough the district is, and it certainly shows how good Guthrie is atop the heap.
- McAlester at Bishop Kelley: Perhaps the Comets were looking ahead to this game when they got smacked around by Shawnee last week. If Bishop Kelley loses this game, its playoff hopes could be dicey with road games at Memorial and Skiatook looming.
- Anadarko at Piedmont: The Wildcats knocked off top-10 Clinton last week. Can they now unseat the top-ranked team in 4A?
- Fort Gibson at Cascia Hall: There are still four teams vying for No. 1 in 4A-4. These are two of those clubs.
- Harrah at Ada: There are three unbeaten teams in 4A-2 play. These are two of those teams.
- Victory Christian at Beggs: District 3A-6 isn’t very good, outside of these two clubs. The winner likely coasts to a district crown in the final two weeks of the season.
- Salina at Commerce: The winner of this 2A-8 matchup has to like its chance of winning the district crown.
- Davis at Kingston: Davis hasn’t really been challenged since playing Ringling in Week 1. A road game against the second-place team in 2A-4 could alter that.