Class 6A - semifinals
Union 30, Broken Arrow 18
Jenks 46, Westmoore 14
Class 5A - semifinals
McAlester 56, Lawton MacArthur 20
Guthrie 45, Collinsville 13
Class 4A - semifinals
Anadarko 34, Wagoner 14
Poteau 27, Douglass 20
Class 3A - quarterfinals
Blanchard 42, Lincoln Christian 13
Plainview 41, Locust Grove 12
Seminole 43, Hilldale 28
Kingfisher 46, Beggs 8
Class 2A - quarterfinals
Vian 21, Hennessey 20
Davis 28, Adair 27
Millwood 14, Meeker 6
Hartshorne 32, OCS 25
Class A - quarterfinals
Talihina 22, Cashion 20
Ringling 48, Morrison 8
Hollis 41, Kiefer 7
Apache 48, Afton 7
Class B - semifinals
Laverne 30, Rejoice Christian 20
Pond Creek-Hunter 58, Alex 26
Class C - semifinals
Cherokee 42, Shattuck 6
Tipton 42, Sharon-Mutaul 40
Class 6A - finals
Union vs. Jenks, 7 p.m. Thursday (at Oklahoma State)
Class 5A - finals
McAlester vs. Guthrie, 7 p.m. Friday (at Oklahoma State)
Class 4A - finals
Anadarko vs. Poteau, 1 p.m. Friday (at Oklahoma State)
Class 3A - semifinals
Blanchard vs. Plainview (at Moore)
Seminole vs. Kingfisher (at Choctaw)
* Both at 7:30 p.m. on Friday
Class 2A - semifinals
Vian vs. Davis (at McAlester)
Millwood vs. Hartshorne (at East Central Univ.)
* Both at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday
Class A - semifinals
Talihina vs. Ringling (at SE Oklahoma State)
Hollis vs. Apache (at Cache)
* Both at 7:30 p.m. on Friday
Class B - finals
Laverne vs. Pond Creek-Hunter, 7:30 p.m. Friday (at SW Oklahoma State)
Class C - finals
Cherokee vs. Tipton, 7:30 p.m. Saturday (at SW Oklahoma State)
Around the state
- Union 30, Broken Arrow 18: Mason Farquhar passed for 205 yards and two touchdowns, and Tyler Adkins ran for 132 yards and a two scores to led Union to the state title game. Union tallied the first 16 points of the contest and never allowed Broken Arrow a chance to get back in the game.
- Jenks 46, Westmoore 14: The Trojans logged 32 points in the first 13 minutes and change to start the game. Jenks led 25-0 by the end of the first quarter. Jenks quarterback Cooper Nunley tossed four touchdown passes, and running back Kalen McDavid ran for 122 yards and a score.
- McAlester 56, Lawton MacArthur 20: Both Jarome Smith and Dalton Wood ran for 100-plus yards as the Buffaloes steam-rolled their way to the Class 5A championship game.
- Guthrie 45, Collinsville 13: The Cardinals scored first on Zane McElroy’s 10-yard touchdown pass to Austin Roberts, but Guthrie then took over and scored 45 unanswered points. Kai Collins and Idea Alexander both ran for 100-plus yards for the Bluejays.
- Anadarko 34, Wagoner 14: Anadarko quarterback Brandon Pollard was nearly perfect against the Bulldogs, completing 17 of 18 pass attempts for 195 yards. Wagoner running back Lawrence Evitt ran for 141 yards on 19 carries, including a 20-yard touchdown run that gave the Bulldogs a 14-13 lead early in the second half. However, Anadarko scored the final 21 points of the contest.
- Poteau 27, Douglass 20: On fourth-and-goal from the 1-yard line, Poteau’s Jace Pitchford scored a go-ahead touchdown with 2:26 left. Pitchford and Roger Barcheers combined to rush for 188 yards for the Pirates.
- Plainview 41, Locust Grove 12: A 47-yard touchdown pass from Mason Fine to Cory Rhode was all the Pirates could muster on offense before scoring a touchdown with the game already decided in the fourth quarter. Austin Carrera scored three touchdowns as Plainview coasted into the Class 3A semifinals.
- Seminole 43, Hilldale 28: The Chieftains trailed 21-14 early in the quarter before rallying to score 29 of the final 36 points in the contest. Papi White led the way for Seminole with 303 yards and four touchdowns on the ground. Chandler Puckett threw for 198 yards and two scores in the loss for the Hornets.
- Vian 21, Hennessey 20: Rylee Simon scored on quarterback sneak with 38 seconds left to propel the Wolverines past Hennessey. The game-winning score was set up by A.J. Rodriquez’s fumble recovery at midfield with 3:01 left to play.
- Davis 28, Adair 27: Adair owned a 27-14 lead at halftime before letting it slip away in the second half. The Wolves went ahead for good on quarterback Blake Summers’ seven-yard touchdown run with 9:01 left.
They said it
“It’s unreal right now, I mean it hasn’t quite hit me yet that we’re headed to Stillwater next Friday. As a senior, it’s the ultimate dream for anybody. It’s what we worked for all year and now here we are.” -- Poteau linebacker Kaydon Evans following the Pirates win over Douglass (courtesy of Southwest Times Record).
Games of the week
- Union vs. Jenks: The Redskins’ bid for a fifth straight title was derailed last season, when Union failed to make it to the 6A title game. Now the Trojans look for their second straight crown. And if history is any indicator, this one will be another classic.
- McAlester vs. Guthrie: The Buffaloes play just enough defense to beat opponents by 30 a contest. The Bluejays will be able to score on McAlester, but can they keep up?
- Anadarko vs. Poteau: Kudos to the Pirates for going from a mere after-thought when the season started to making the title game. However, the Warriors will be a monumental task for Poteau to overcome.
- Seminole vs. Kingfisher: This one may only be a semifinal clash, but it could be the best of the weekend. Question is: can anyone stop Papi White?
- Vian vs. Davis: The Wolverines have come up short of the state title game before. Perhaps they can do what Adair couldn’t last week: finish off Davis.