- Kiefer 43, Hulbert 6: Class A No. 3 Kiefer scored the first 43 points of the game — all in the first half — to coast past the Riders. Trey Sneed rushed for 140 yards on 10 carries for the Trojans.
Players of the week
- David Dick (Tahlequah): The Tigers’ senior quarterback led Tahlequah with 156 yards and three touchdowns on 22 carries against Sallisaw. Dick scored on runs of 15 and 24 yards in the second quarter, and he also got Tahlequah to within 38-28 in the second half with a 65-yard touchdown run in the third quarter.
- Brandon Conrad (Tahlequah): On only nine carries, Tahlequah’s running back picked up 138 yards and a 75-yard touchdown run in the second quarter against Sallisaw. Conrad also had another 65-yard scoring run wiped away by a holding call in the third quarter.
- Dakota Matlock (Keys): Matlock scored two touchdowns and recorded 13 tackles on defense in Keys’ loss to Eufaula.
- Justin Hooper (Sequoyah): Hooper ran for 125 yards and one touchdown on 23 carries for the Indians in their loss to Victory Christian.
Around the state
(A glance around the state in Week 3)
- Coweta 48, Bishop Kelley 42: Chance Craig caught a 24-yard touchdown from Ryan Fitzsimmons on the final play of the game to prevail in a clash of perennial Class 5A powers. Coweta had passed for 56 yards before the final play. The Tigers rushed for 361 yards, and Bishop Kelley finished with 432 yards of total offense.
- McAlester 59, Claremore 35
- Collinsville 44, Oologah 17: Ryan Haymaker rushed for 194 and five touchdowns on 16 carries for the Cardinals. Collinsville put the game away with 21 unanswered points in the third quarter.
- Wagoner 35, Grove 14: Running back Lawrence Evitt ran for 202 yards and three touchdowns on 15 carries to help Wagoner breeze to a 3-0 start to the season. The Bulldogs opened up to a 35-0 lead before Grove got on the scoreboard with a touchdown with nine seconds left in the opening half.