- McAlester 59, Claremore 35: Twenty-eight consecutive points in the second quarter put McAlester squarely in control after trailing 14-7 at the end of the first quarter. Dalton Wood rushed for 200 yards and two touchdowns for the Buffaloes.
They said it
“They take the losses personal. I’m proud of them for that. They continue to fight to the very end, and they’re showing a lot of character. It hurts them, and that’s the way it should be.” -- Tahlequah head coach Brad Gilbert following the Tigers’ 45-28 loss to Sallisaw.
Games of the week
- Locust Grove at Sequoyah: District 3A-7 appears to be wide open right now. Hilldale may be the frontrunner, but Sequoyah and Locust Grove could be vying for playoff spots.
- Tahlequah at Grove: District 5A-4 appears to extremely weak this year, so winning this week may go a long way to one of these teams sneaking into the playoffs.
- Union at Owasso: Both are 1-2 but still likely the favorites in District 6A-1.
- Lawton MacArthur at Del City: Aside from Ardmore, these are likely playing for the district crown this week.
- Catoosa at Wagoner: Catoosa upset Fort Gibson last week. A massive upset this week could temporarily derail Wagoner’s district title hopes.