They said it
“They really deserve a little success because of all their hard work. I’m happy for them and hopefully we’ll continue trying to get better.” — Hulbert head coach Gary Riley after his team’s win over Quapaw.
Games of the week
- Collinsville at Pryor: The District 5A-4 crown is on the line in this one. The Tigers can clinch the title with a win. But if Collinsville wins, things become a huge mess in the district race.
- Hilldale at Sequoyah: The Indians’ playoff chances are now in peril after the lopsided loss at Jay. A win by Sequoyah would make the postseason a much more obtainable aspiration.
- Booker T. Washington at Union: Only the Hornets stand between the Redskins and a 6A-1 title. Based on Week 10 opponents, the winner here should lock up the district championship.
- Bishop Kelley at Memorial: The Comets looked to be a solid playoff lock a couple of weeks ago. Now, if Bishop Kelley loses this one and loses in Week 10, basketball season will start sooner than expected. Look for this one to be a shootout.
- Claremore-Sequoyah at Metro Christian: The Patriots have give up 17 points all season. Good luck, Claremore-Sequoyah.
- Cushing at Seminole: The winner will have the inside track to the 3A-2 title. Can the Chieftains’ defense shut down Cushing’s star running back Gage Stallworth?
- Kingfisher at Newcastle: Neither team has lost in 3A-3 play. The winner will claim the league crown and feel much better as the playoffs approach.
- Lincoln Christian at Locust Grove: A win by Lincoln Christian solidifies its playoff position. A loss sets up a dicey matchup with Sequoyah in Week 10.
- Commerce at Colcord: A win by Commerce means a district championship in 2A-8.