From Staff reports
Rain over the weekend has postponed several local and area sporting events on Monday.
Here's a list of the games that were affected:
- Coweta at Tahlequah baseball. Efforts were made to try and move the game to Coweta, but even that didn't work. Instead, the two teams will play at Coweta on Tuesday at 4:30 p.m. No makeup date has been set for the game in Tahlequah.
- Vian at Sequoyah baseball. On the schedule, Sequoyah was slated to play at Kansas, but apparently there was a scheduling snafu. Vian had on its a schedule a game at Sequoyah today, but the game had to be called off because the Indians' field is still not playable after rain and precipitation.
- Fort Gibson at Keys. The Cougars' first of four games this week was put on ice and no makeup date has been set.
- Gore at Hulbert softball. Hulbert's field was too wet to be played on.
The only events that weren't affected on Monday were Tahlequah's boys golf team playing at the Bishop Kelley tournament at Tulsa Country Club, and the Northeastern State women's golf team at the Fort Smith (Ark.) tournament.
Here's what's coming up on Tuesday in local and area sports:
- Tahlequah at Coweta, 4:30 p.m.
- Vinita at Keys, 4:30 p.m.
- Porter at Hulbert, 4 p.m.
- Tahlequah at Poteau, 5 p.m.
- Hulbert at Okay, 4 p.m.
- Tahlequah (boys) at Coweta tournament (at Emerald Falls)
- Tahlequah (girls) at Claremore tournament (at Heritage Hills)
- Sequoyah and Keys (boys) at Keys tournament (at Cherokee Trails)
- Arkansas Tech at Northeastern State, 2 p.m.