The Tahlequah boys soccer team recently won the Class 5A state academic championship. The Tigers finished the season with a team grade-point average of 3.6. The Tigers were recognized for their accomplishment at Monday night's monthly board of education meeting.
- Crimson Tide on tap for Sooners in Sugar Bowl
- Cotton consolation: OSU to play Missouri in Cotton Bowl
- Cowboys lose late against No. 2 Minnesota
- OU women fail to prove themselves in setback against No. 2 Duke
- Durant, Thunder cruise past Pacers
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher out BCS era
- Hobbs goes off as NSU knocks off Lindenwood
- Bedlam goes bonkers: Sooners upset No. 6 Cowboys
- Oklahoma dominates George Mason in 81-66 win
Wilson to wrestle on international squad
Noah Wilson may have to miss a junior high wrestling dual or two this season for Sequoyah. But his absence will be excused.
That’s because Wilson will be wrestling for an International Youth Dual team at the 13th annual Virginia Challenge Holidays Duals in mid December.
Wilson, an eighth grader at Sequoyah Immersion School, was contacted by the international team’s coaching staff and was told they’d like for him to wrestle on the team in the upcoming duals. All Wilson had to do then was get approval to miss Sequoyah’s junior high dual that weekend.
- More Sports Headlines