By BEN JOHNSON
- Okemah: The Panthers cruised into the state tournament with a 77-58 trouncing of sixth-ranked Atoka on Friday night. The Panthers, last year's runners-up in 3A, have lost only once this season — a 56-39 defeat against 5A No. 3 Bishop McGuinness at the Tournament of Champions. Okemah, No. 1 in 3A, is 26-1.
- Oklahoma Centennial: The Bison (24-2) atoned for last year's area tournament finals loss to Sequoyah by beating Heritage Hall, 52-48, on Friday night. It's Centennial's fourth straight state tournament appearance.
- Spiro: Only nine games against ranked teams, the Bulldogs are 7-2 in those contests this season. At 24-2 overall, Spiro advanced to Oklahoma City with a 52-44 win over Nowata. Knifeis Carter led the Bulldogs with 21 points.
- Sequoyah: Fifth-ranked Indians used 26 points from Caisen Green to wear out fourth-ranked Verdigris, 64-55. For the second straight season, the Indians advance to the state tournament with an area tournament championship. Sequoyah (23-3) hasn't lost since a 65-61 setback against Jay on Feb. 7.
- Adair: The No. 1 Warriors continue to dominant everyone that they come across, including Friday night's 74-43 pummeling of No. 11 Spiro in the area finals. Adair's only loss during its current 26-1 campaign was a 48-39 setback against 6A No. 5 Norman North in the finals of the Tournament of Champions.
- Washington: Third-ranked Washington remained unbeaten with a 48-38 win over Hugo on Friday night. Washington is now 26-0.
- Verdigris: Baileigh O'Dell scored 20 points to lead the No. 4 Cardinals to an easy 53-40 win over fifth-ranked Sequoyah in the Area IV finals. Verdigris is 25-2 and has only lost once to a team in Oklahoma this season.
- Heritage Hall: Ranked ninth, the Chargers beat second-ranked Alva, 55-53, on Friday night. Heritage Hall is 19-5 but four of its five losses have come against top-10 teams, including two to Weatherford of 4A.
Area consolation finals on Saturday
(Winners advance to state tournament; losers eliminated)
Area I: Perkins-Tryon vs. Heritage Hall, 8 p.m. (at Del City)
Area II: Sperry vs. Nowata, 8 p.m. (at Skiatook)
Area III: Hugo vs. Atoka, 8 p.m. (at Ada)
Area IV: Antlers vs. Verdigris (at Checotah)
Area I: Tishomingo vs. Alva, 6:30 p.m. (at Del City)
Area II: Kansas vs. Spiro, 6:30 p.m. (at Skiatook)
Area III: Davis vs. Hugo, 6:30 p.m. (at Ada)
Area IV: Sequoyah vs. Vian, 6:30 p.m. (at Checotah)