Stocks are opening broadly lower on Wall Street Monday, following declines overseas and extending a weak patch that has brought the U.S. market down over the past two weeks. The S&P 500 was down 1.3% in the early going. The benchmark index hasn’t had a decline of more than 1% since mid-A…
ST. LOUIS (AP) — Thousands of abandoned coal mines in the U.S. have been polluting rivers and streams for decades, in some cases harming fish and contaminating drinking water. Now efforts to finally clean up the sites could soon get a big boost.
Pfizer said Monday its COVID-19 vaccine works for children ages 5 to 11 and that it will seek U.S. authorization for this age group soon — a key step toward beginning vaccinations for youngsters.
BERLIN — The U.S. military says it has completed an effort to vaccinate evacuees from Afghanistan against measles, mumps, rubella and chickenpox at two sites in Germany.
DEL RIO, Texas (AP) — The U.S. is flying Haitians camped in a Texas border town back to their homeland and blocking others from crossing the border from Mexico in a massive show of force that signals the beginning of what could be one of America’s swiftest, large-scale expulsions of migrants…
This Week's Circulars
[mdash] age 79. Beverage Distribution. Died September 9th in Tulsa, OK. Funeral Services September 14th at 2:00pm Reed-Culver Chapel. Burial at Mt. Zion Cemetery. Visitation September 13th from 1:00pm until 6:00pm at Reed-Culver Funeral Home.
[mdash] age 91. Welder. Died September 10th in Tulsa, OK. Funeral Services September 14th at 10:00am at Reed-Culver Chapel. Burial at Levi Cookson Cemetery. Visitation September 13th from 1:00pm until 7:00pm at Reed-Culver Funeral Home.
- Four more here die from COVID
- Is Green Co. pterodactyl terrain? Some think so
- Protesters say masks put youth in therapy, some can't breathe
- POLICE BEAT 9-17-21: Man claims cops force-fed him glass; other guy says his father was beheaded
- Man arrested in wake of road rage incident
- POLICE BEAT 9-16-21: Meth, knife-wielding prompt arrests
- CRIME REWIND: 'Daisy Doe' case still has loose ends
- Audit says cancer center city OK'd was sold to St. Francis for $1.7M
- POLICE BEAT 9-19-21: Intoxication leads to three separate arrests
- SHERIFF'S BEAT 9-14-21: Traffic offense turns up drugs, booze