Passengers in the rear section of the B-29 "Doc" had to rely on a video screen to see the view from the front of the aircraft. The screen allowed passengers to watch the plane while landing at Terre Haute Regional Airport.
The B-29 "Doc" has side bubble windows that allowed side gunners to look out in front of the plane as well as behind, including seeing the plane's tail. This is a video from a flight aboard "Doc" after taking off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
The top gunner on a B-29 had a full view of the aircraft, from the tail wing and all around the plane. This is the view aboard the B-29 "Doc" which took off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
The rear of the B-29 was for the tail gunner, who would watch for approaching enemy aircraft while working a gun sight. This is the view aboard the B-29 "Doc" which took off from Terre Haute Regional Airport.
This Week's Circulars
TAHLEQUAH [mdash] age 69. English Educator. Died July 16th in Sallisaw, OK. Memorial Services July 30th at 2:00pm at Reed-Culver Chapel. Interment at Hendricks Cemetery.
TAHLEQUAH [mdash] age 74 of Tahlequah, OK. Laborer. Died July 21st in Tahlequah, OK. Services July 26th at 2:00pm at Elm Tree Baptist Church. Burial at Mt. Zion Cemetery. Visitation July 24th, 1:00pm until 6:00pm at Reed-Culver.
- Man killed in crash near Tahlequah
- CN Tribal Council Candidate Bobby Slover arrested for taking contribution
- Muskogee man drowns in Lake Tenkiller
- Homicide charges against sheriff's deputy dismissed
- Area woman to city council: Fauci, China made virus to 'get rid of us'
- Sex offender arrested again
- Oklahoma cut off federal unemployment benefits early, but workers are struggling to find jobs
- POLICE BEAT 7-21-21: Woman claims babies 'hanging from trees'
- Sheriff, CN AG's Office trade barbs over challenges created by McGirt
- COVID case surge prompts Crisis Task Force to regroup
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular images.