Editor, Daily Press:
Well, it looks like the “politically correct” police have gotten to Northeastern State University.
While driving home from Tulsa Tuesday night, I heard on the news that NSU was going to change its athletic teams from the Redmen. I almost drove off the road!
It’s too bad a few people, like some activist group or the American Civil Liberties Union, can make policy for our universities. But since the administration at NSU has capitulated to the minority activists, I have some ideas for the new mascot. The “Panty Waists” or the “Pink Panties” might be appropriate. Maybe the “Bigfoot in the Mouths” might work for you.
I bet if a poll were taken right here in Tahlequah, few people are offended by the term “Redmen.” Just remember that you’re not going to satisfy everyone with the change. Someone will object to most anything, so don’t try to make everyone happy.
Editor, Daily Press:
This Week's Circulars
NAME: Robert Carpenter 52 year old Account Manager of Arkansas transitioned on October 7, 2021. Funeral services 10:00 AM, Saturday October 16, 2021, Green Country Funeral Home. Online condolences may be expressed at tahlequahfuneral.com
Tahlequah - Vernon Clay Buckner 83 year old, NSU maintenance worker transitioned October 11, 2021. Graveside service 1:30 pm, Tuesday October 19, 2021, Fort Gibson National Cemetery. Online condolences may be expressed at tahlequahfuneral.com
[mdash] 75, Homemaker, passed Saturday, 10/09/2021.Visitation: 5PM-7PM Tuesday, 10/12/2021 at Funeral Home. Services: 11AM Thursday, 10/14/2021 Greenleaf Cemetery, Tahlequah. Clifford D Garrett Family Funeral Home, Fort Gibson. Online condolences clifforddgarrettfamilyfh.com
[mdash] age 25 of Tahlequah, OK. Starbuck Barista. Died October 5th in Tulsa, OK. Funeral services October 11th at 11:00am at Reed-Culver. Burial at Tahlequah City Cemetery. Visitation October 10th from 2:00pm until 5:00pm at Reed-Culver.
- UPDATE: Cherokee Nation doctor charged with murder; vigil for victim slated
- Man killed in stolen vehicle after police pursuit
- Severe weather growing threat in Oklahoma
- Alleged killer had history of domestic violence
- SQUEEZE PLAY: Notorious bar on land now part of Norris Park remembered for peace, love, beer, raids – and maybe 'the mob'
- TPS patrons call for board member resignation
- With investment from governor, Adair County business to create jobs, expand operations
- SHERIFF'S BEAT 10-10-21: Suspect ditches vehicle, flees from deputies
- Accused auto thief picked up in Colcord
- TIGER MAGIC: Tahlequah scores 21 unanswered points in the second half to deflate Sapulpa